- The first computer weighed more than 27 tons and took up 1800 square feet.
- Only about 10% of the world’s currency is physical money, the rest only exists on computers. (now this one was shocking for me)
- the first computer mouse was invented in around 1964 which was made of wood.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that you can type using the letters only on one row of the keyboard of your computer.
- There are more than 5000 new computer viruses released every month.
- If there was a computer as powerful as the human brain, it would be able to do 38 thousand trillion operations per second and hold more than 3580 terabytes of memory.
- HP, Microsoft and Apple have one very interesting thing in common – they were all started in a garage.
- An average person normally blinks 20 times a minute, but when using a computer he/she blinks only 7 times a minute.
- More than 80% of the emails sent daily are spams.
- The first ever hard disk drive was made in 1979, and could hold only 5MB of data.
- The original name of windows was Interface Manager.
- IBM 5120 from 1980 was the heaviest desktop computer ever made. It weighed about 105 pounds, not including the 130 pounds external floppy drive.
IFERP-International Conference on Networking, Communication and Computing Technology(ICNCCT-16)
IFERP-Global Conference on Computer Science, Software, Networking and Information Technology(GCCSSNIT-16)
IFERP-World Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering(WCRTCSEE-16)
Science Plus-International Conference on Recent Innovations in Computer Science and Information Technology (ICRICSIT-2016)
Science Plus-International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Communication Engineering (ICRACE-2016)
IRAJ-International Research Conference on Computer Science & Mechanical Engineering (IRCCSME)
Some of us spend our entire existences online and that can have terrible effects. You can have money stolen, personal details hijacked.
What you can do wrong
- Same passwords: This is a massive error you will sign up for things every day and who knows what some of these software companies are doing with your details.
- Complacent internet habits: Generally you can get really complacent about how you use the internet; if you use the computer 12 hours a day you will probably be doing the same thing.
- Out of date security and browser versions: The computers should not be out of date browsers and anti-virus software.
- Window settings: Used an insecure page.
Email security tips to stop hackers
Here are some of the very minimum things you should do if you want to stop hackers from ruining your life.
- Different passwords: Every single account should have a different password.
- Complex passwords: If your password is less than ten characters long, a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols then it is not strong enough.
- Complex usernames: I bet 95% of you have your email address or name as your username?
- Updated anti-virus and anti-malware software: You need to have an updated version (or two) of the latest anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
- Latest Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari versions: Don’t just ignore that update request from your browser, do it right away. Some of those updates are security ones.
- Use email securely with the right URL: does the URL say “http://” or “https://”? If it is the former then you are not in a secure session. Go in to your settings and make sure it always uses https:// and whenever you log into any website make sure you type the “s” if you are logging in.
- Don’t use public free Wi-Fi: You know when you go to a cafe and log on to the free network? Well, it is very easy to steal your Facebook and email passwords using a simple Firefox plugin.
- Make your security questions tough: make them complex answers
- Back up everything: You should constantly be backing up your hard drive, emails to an external hard drive.
- Don’t use your PC Administrator account: did you know that by using a non-administrator account you can slow down the spread of a virus attack.
- Monitor your logged on locations: a little line of text that says “Last account activity” it is an important one to monitor. If you suspect something is not right you should keep an eye on this and record unfamiliar IPs.
- Don’t click links in emails: a general rule, most banks and financial institutions don’t send you emails with links. Don’t ever click any such email you get.
- Research the latest: Make sure you are up to date with the latest in internet security.
It is Reality so face it; a plain vanilla graduation in computer science doesn’t get you a good job anymore. You need to add something extra to your profile to be attractive and demanding enough for employers. You need to get specialization in any of the trending technologies.
There is a huge list of courses after graduation in computer science. There is huge traction from computer science grads in India to the Websites offering online teaching courses, there are some courses that are much in demand given the current IT trends. Check these out…
- Object Oriented Programming in Java
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala
- Build Your First Android App
- Introduction to Programming with MATLAB
- Python programming
- Data Structures
The Supercomputer Education and Research Centre (SERC) at IISc offers a singular tutorial setting to pursue advanced analysis in areas that fall under 2 streams: Computational Science and Computer Systems.
Computational Science deals with process ways and their application to scientific domains, whereas computer Systems explores the look, implementation and analysis of element and code systems. Ph.D., M.Sc. and M.Tech. degree programs area unit offered at SERC.
The centre additionally provides the progressive super computing facilities and leads many national initiatives on superior computing. The centre is actively concerned in sponsored analysis comes and practice unitedly with government agencies and personal firms.